On your first visit, we will perform a Comprehensive Oral Examination and Dental Cleaning. After reviewing your Medical and Dental History, Dr. May and our hygienist will perform:
- Necessary Diagnostic X-rays (Radiographs): X-rays are essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Palpate (feel) and visually examine the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer. Optional Identafi oral cancer detection exam.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Examine and record the condition of the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination for Tooth Decay: Examine all tooth surfaces will be checked for decay and damage.
- Examination of Existing Dental Work: Check current fillings, crowns and the fit of any partials or dentures.